Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Found: Lucky Calf Layout

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a layout I created for Creative Embellishments using five different items from the store.  I created a layout for my friend that lives on a ranch and is in the midst of calving season.  This little calf was in deep snow and needed to be rescued.  I just love calves, or any baby animal for that matter, don't you?


I added some white gesso to the background paper (the papers are from the We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer Collection) so it would tone the chevron print down so the photo would be more visible. I used the chipboard Rustic Shed Door,  Barbed Wire Border,  Social Hash Tags word #cute and also the Chicken Wire Panel.  I painted the chipboard in white gesso and let it dry and then added some Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and Distress Stain to give it the weathered look.



Before I added the photo, I stamped with the Distressed Chicken Wire Stamp around the photo to give it some more texture.



Thanks for stopping by and be sure and stop by the Creative Embellishments store and blog to see lots more goodies and inspiration from the entire team.

No comments:

Post a Comment