Sunday, January 25, 2015

Flowers Make Me Smile Layout

Hello friends! I hope you are having a lovely day so far.  Today I wanted to share a layout I created for Creative Embellishments.



Lately, I have been creating more vintage/shabby chic layouts.  I love all styles of scrapbooking and it's fun to mix it up a little.  I think because I live in a place with snow and cold temperatures in the winter makes me long for the flowers to grow again.

This layout has lots of chipboard, flowers and bright colors. I love gardening and grow Pansies in several colors every summer on my deck.  To begin my layout I added some modelling paste and a stencil to the paper background (from the Bo Bunny Enchanted Collection) and added some paint splatters and sequins.


For the Pansies Chipboard, I brushed it with some gesso then believe it or not, used my Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and colored the petals from the outside edge inwards.  After the chipboard was dry, I added some Liquid Glass to give the Pansies Chipboard some dimension and shine.


For the Hot Hexagon Panel chipboard, I broke it into smaller pieces and used two pieces on the top left and bottom right side of the layout. I also brushed the it with gesso and dabbed it with some blue acrylic paint, let it dry and then brushed it with some Liquid Glass as well.


Lace always looks pretty so I adhered some lace to the left edge of the layout.  The chipboard Social Media Hash Tag Words "#pretty and #smile" were also created with gesso, dabs of acrylic paint and Liquid Glass.   The flowers were all brushed with some gesso to tone down the colors.



My desk gets very inky and messy after a mixed media project, but to me it is so freeing and fun to make layouts such as this one.  


I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Take care and don't forget to check out the Creative Embellishments Store for these chipboard products and many more wood veneers, flair, and stamps.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:

Acrylic Paint - Ranger
Alpha Stickers - Bo Bunny, Teresa Collins
Dimensional Embellishment - Close To My Heart (Liquid Glass)
Distress Inks - Tim Holtz
Chipboard - Creative Embellishments (Hot Hexagon Panel, Social Hashtag Words, Pansies)
Flowers - Michaels, Prima Marketing, Petaloo
Gesso - Liquitex
Jewels - Prima Marketing
Lace - Prima Marketing
Modelling Paste - Golden
Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny (Enchanted)
Pens - Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen Big Brush (Cadmium Yellow 107, Leaf Green 112, Crimson 134, Purple Violet 136, Permanent Green Olive 167)
Sequins - Unknown
Sprays - Heidi Swapp, Tattered Angels
Stencil - Crafter's Workshop



No comments:

Post a Comment