Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Challenge At Creative Embellishments

Hello friends! Can you believe it is November already? Wow!  Today at Creative Embellishments we are revealing our November Challenge and this is the inspiration photo for the challenge.


The twist is what are you thankful for?  I am thankful for so many things that I can't count them all but for this particular layout, I am thankful for my parents who are probably the most kind and giving people I know.

I was also inspired by the colors and the pumpkins and came up with this layout of my parents.


I created this mixed media layout with some paper scraps that I had from another project and added lots of paint, ink and stamps as well as some gold thread and orange thread to give it more interest.  It's the first time I have used thread on a layout besides machine stitching or hand stitching and I like the effect.


I used the Creative Embellishment's Distressed Burlap Stamp for some of the background stamping and  painted pumpkins as well as the Creative Embellishments Pumpkin Faces Chipboard and also the Autumn Leaves Set and the Autumn Leaves Set (set of 6)







I hope you enjoyed your visit.  What inspires you about the November Challenge Inspiration Photo?  You can link your project for the November Challenge at Creative Embellishments here to be eligible to win a prize.  Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet pic and awesome page! Love the background work, design and cool alterations of the pumpkins and autumn chippies. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Beautiful LO!! Amazing BG work too!!

    ReplyDelete